Cloud ComputingIris recognition offers an excellent choice for logical access control to computer systems whether the application demands secure identification of individuals who need access to corporate sensitive and confidential data, or whether it’s for tasks of a more consumer or commercial nature such as banking. Aside from its benefits of offering non-contact and hands-free operation, iris recognition is strong enough not to need PINs, passwords, synchro tokens or smart cards under most circumstances.
Smart Sensors’ iris technology works in processors typically used to control low cost camera systems such as webcams, so our partners can build low cost products that are revolutionising the economics of iris biometrics in access control applications.
- Potential for non-contact, hands-free access – especially good where hygiene is a concern
- Webcam style products are ideal for desktop or workstation use
- Easy integration with log-on auditing systems for remote + “hot-desk” workers
- “Persistent ID” feature available – locks down system if current authorised user moves away from the desktop
- Avoids need for PINs, passwords, synchro tokens and access cards, or can strengthen their use
- Automatic enforcement of logical access policies, hierarchies and permissions
- The same generic system structure can support many applications
- Opportunity to combine physical and logical access control
- “Doorway-to-desktop” systems save time by getting staff immediately productive – no waiting to load their operating environment
fully featured toolkit for building iris recognition engines, enrolment and ID management applications that use iris image or template databases excellent ...
Bath Iris Image Database
By paying a small handling fee, you can take have access to 1000 images from 50 eyes with 20 images taken ...
Smart Sensors Ltd offers a wide range of cameras to suit your individual requirements. If you are looking for something not featured on here, why not give us a ...
A software function that reports pupil and iris centres and radii up to 100 times per second. Available for many CPU platforms.
SMART SENSORS makes iris recognition available on Android
Smart Sensors Limited has ported its MIRLIN Iris Recognition SDK to the Android operating system for Smart Phones so it can offer strong and economic biometric identification for a new ...
Martin George, CEO of Smart Sensors Ltd, interviewed at BCC 2011, Tampa
See the man himself discussing iris recognition applications at BCC 2011, Tampa
Smart Sensors demonstrates MIRLIN Iris Biometric Recognition on an Embedded Platform at Embedded World Nuremburg – March 2011
Smart Sensors has ported its MIRLIN Iris biometric recognition and matching algorithms to an Embedded Environment utilising MPC Data’s very latest Windows Embedded Compact 7 board support package for the ...
Fuzzy match for large databases patent granted
On 5th October 2010, Smart Sensors Ltd was awarded US Patent 7,809,747 for its technology in Fuzzy Database matching. This new technique greatly reduces the requirement for computer hardware and ...
BAE Systems I3 investment in smarter, faster iris recognition
BAE Systems has invested £0.5 million to develop and enhance the iris recognition capability of algorithm specialists Smart Sensors Ltd during a nine month development project funded by its Investment ...