Logical Access ControlIris recognition cameras are easily installed at doorways and gates, with a natural eye-level interaction for the user. Smart Sensors is working with OEMs to produce equipment that supports a range of popular access control interface protocols such as Wiegand while being economic to install and user-friendly.
Key benefits for organisations who install iris recognition systems that enable their personnel to gain access to sites, buildings, rooms and other facilities include:
- Potential for non-contact, hands-free access – especially good where hygiene is a concern
- Reduce or avoid need for security staff to check incoming and outgoing personnel
- Natural integration with time and attendance systems
- Avoid card systems and pin-pads, or strengthen their use
- Automatic enforcement of access policies, hierarchies and permissions
- Provision of mobile monitoring and alerts for security personnel, e.g. via PDA or SMS
- System is easily extended to visitors or staff visiting from other sites
- The same generic system structure can support many applications
- Opportunity to combine physical and logical access control
- Time saved in getting staff productive upon sign-on
fully featured toolkit for building iris recognition engines, enrolment and ID management applications that use iris image or template databases excellent ...
Bath Iris Image Database
By paying a small handling fee, you can take have access to 1000 images from 50 eyes with 20 images taken ...
Smart Sensors Ltd offers a wide range of cameras to suit your individual requirements. If you are looking for something not featured on here, why not give us a ...
A software function that reports pupil and iris centres and radii up to 100 times per second. Available for many CPU platforms.
SMART SENSORS makes iris recognition available on Android
Smart Sensors Limited has ported its MIRLIN Iris Recognition SDK to the Android operating system for Smart Phones so it can offer strong and economic biometric identification for a new ...
Martin George, CEO of Smart Sensors Ltd, interviewed at BCC 2011, Tampa
See the man himself discussing iris recognition applications at BCC 2011, Tampa
Smart Sensors demonstrates MIRLIN Iris Biometric Recognition on an Embedded Platform at Embedded World Nuremburg – March 2011
Smart Sensors has ported its MIRLIN Iris biometric recognition and matching algorithms to an Embedded Environment utilising MPC Data’s very latest Windows Embedded Compact 7 board support package for the ...
Fuzzy match for large databases patent granted
On 5th October 2010, Smart Sensors Ltd was awarded US Patent 7,809,747 for its technology in Fuzzy Database matching. This new technique greatly reduces the requirement for computer hardware and ...
BAE Systems I3 investment in smarter, faster iris recognition
BAE Systems has invested £0.5 million to develop and enhance the iris recognition capability of algorithm specialists Smart Sensors Ltd during a nine month development project funded by its Investment ...